How to update
From version 3.0 are no longer versions 1.x supported. So even updates from so old versions are not supported anymore. I am very sorry. But it is a long time since version 1.1 and there were almost 100 new major changes in the code. So it is not possible to keep up to date all of it.
Thank you for understanding
Update 2.x to 2.x or to 3.x
Important Note: Before you get started, it’s a good idea to back up your website. This means if there are any issues you can restore your website. Complete instructions to make a backup can be found in the WordPress Backups section of the Codex.
Important Note: It is necessary to follow all instructions step by step. If you uninstall version 2.x and newer you lose all contest data! So do NOT uninstall Video Contest WordPress Plugin!
- Unpack archive from Codecanyon.net
- Open “video-contest.zip”
- Extract the “video-contest” directory to your computer
- Connect to your FTP server
- Upload the “video-contest” directory to the “/wp-content/plugins/” and rewrite all original files
- Go to admin area Video Contest -> General Settings section and set all new settings and save the settings (even if you do not do any changes)