How to update
Update Version 1.x to 2.x or 2.x to 2x
Important Note: Before you get started, it’s a good idea to back up your website. This means if there are any issues you can restore your website. Complete instructions to make a backup can be found in the WordPress Backups section of the Codex.
Important Note: It is necessary to follow all instructions step by step. If you uninstall version 2.x and newer you lose all contest data! So do NOT uninstall Video Contest WordPress Plugin!
- Unpack archive from Codecanyon.net
- Open “video-contest.zip”
- Extract the “video-contest” directory to your computer
- Connect to your FTP server
- Upload the “video-contest” directory to the “/wp-content/plugins/” and rewrite all original files
- Go to admin area Video Contest -> General Settings section and set all new settings and save the settings (even if you do not do any changes)